So I realise I have been a little absent on the blog since July. Unfortunately life commitments have gotten in the way and August just sneaked away! (How are we already nearly half way through September!!??) So, I thought in this post I would write about a little item I always purchase monthly – Birchbox’s monthly beauty box! This month, Birchbox are celebrating their fifth birthday so have included some nice little goodies to celebrate.
For the past six months now, I have been purchasing Birchbox’s beauty box every month. I get excited for every month’s arrival to try new samples of hair and beauty products that I probably can’t afford to buy or that I’ve never heard of before. If you subscribe to Birchbox like I do, you will be aware that they give you a few questions to answer so that can tailor your box to your interests. I subscribe to hair replenishing products, make up and facial skincare products. So every month, I tend to get a variation of these products.
This month’s box was no disappointment! I read on Birchbox’s website that a sample of Benefit’s Porefessional Licence to Blot was to be included for every subscriber. After hearing so many good reviews about this product, I’ve been itching to try it for the last couple of months. After having a day off last Saturday and mooching round town with Greg, I realised my make up was becoming a bit blotchy and shiny (which unfortunately is a curse I have to deal with on a daily basis due to having oily skin!), I thought I would see what all the fuss was about. After rubbing it onto my face, to my surprise, it made my make up look as good as it did when I had first put it on that morning! It’s safe to say, I am very impressed with this product and will most definitely be purchasing it.
The other products included in this month’s box were:
- Laura Mercia Facial Polish – I used this in the shower and it lovely to use on my skin, making it feel all soft and smooth! The micro-beads in it made it feel like my face was having a massage.
- John Masters Organics Citrus Neroli Detangler – After I had my shower, I used this on the ends of my hair and it made it feel incredibly soft and amazing. It also prevented my hair from knotting which is also a bonus for me and it smells good too!
- Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip Pencil – I really like the bright orange colour of this. I think it would look lovely with some of my orange dresses. It’s very easy to apply and has a twist top so there’s no need for pencil sharpeners.
- Beauty Protector Body Wash – Another lovely product to use in the shower, it makes your skin feel soft and smell gorgeous!
- The Birchbrush – (Unfortunately I can’t find a link to this brush! :/) This is brush is fairly similar to the Tangleteezer and comes at half the price if you wish to buy this product off of Birchbox’s website. I think I prefer my actual Tangleteezer but this is a great dupe of it, especially if you can’t afford a Tangleteezer!
For only £10 each month (plus £2.95 p+p), I think it’s pretty good to get five samples of higher branded make up and beauty products for approximately £2.
What did you think of this month’s Birchbox? What did you get inside yours? Are there any other beauty boxes you use?
You may also like:
Find me on: