This homemade blue cheese and broccoli pie is one of my favourite dishes and very easy and simple to make too. If you’re stuck for ideas on what to eat then why not try this recipe?
Instead of doing a beauty post, today I thought I would write a post about one of my favourite meals that my Mum used to make when I was little and I now make for Greg and I on a regular basis.
I’m not sure how much I’ve mentioned it but you may or may not know that I was brought up vegetarian. My Mum’s never been a big fan of Quorn products so we’ve always eaten various alternatives.
This pie (as pictured above) is an example. It’s a blue cheese and broccoli pie and very simple to make.
- Pastry (ready roll or whether you prefer to make your own, here’s a good recipe)
- One broccoli (You can also use a cabbage)
- 3/4 eggs
- Blue cheese (Any other cheese of your choice)
- Splash of milk
- Onion/garlic (This is optional, I sometimes add one onion and two garlic cloves)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200C and then start by cutting up your broccoli and boil it in a saucepan of boiling water for approximately 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- While the broccoli is boiling, roll out the pastry and place it in an oven proof dish, depending upon whether you want a lid on the pie will depend upon how big you roll the pastry out. This is only optional but once the oven is warmed up, you can pop it in the oven for 10 minutes to blind bake it.
- (If you want to onion and garlic, you will need to fry this while the broccoli is boiling.)
- Grate the cheese (how much cheese you use is completely up to you), break the eggs in to a bowl and whisk in a splash of milk.
- Once your broccoli is cooked, drain it and place inside the pastry casing.
- Pour over the egg mixture and top with the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. If you have any pastry left over from the casing then add this on top to create a lid.
- Place in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve by itself or with anything else you want to serve with it.
What home made recipes do you enjoy?
You may also enjoy:
Find me on: