I hope you’ve all been having a lovely Easter and been enjoying plenty of chocolate! 🙂
Today, I thought I’d write a post about the benefits of using coconut oil. Now I’m sure you’ve seen in health and beauty magazines or in the media that coconut oil has plenty of health benefits but what precisely is it good for?
I received this sample of coconut oil from Vita Coco* and they state on their packaging that it is 100% raw coconut. Always a good thing to know that it’s not full of loads of chemicals!
I used this sample on my hair as coconut oil is a fantastic hair replenishment product for dry hair. I used to use olive oil which is also a good hair dry hair replenishment. However, the issue I found with olive oil is that as it’s so greasy it rolls off your hair and down your face and back and all over whatever your wearing. The coconut oil, on the other hand, sits quite nicely in your hair and you don’t have to worry about it rolling off on your clothes.
The leaflet that the coconut oil samples came in provides examples of other uses for it. If I’m honest, I haven’t ever used it for anything else other than my hair but it’s made me certainly want to give them a go.
Listed below are the examples given by Vita Coco (their words not mine):
- Stir a spoonful into your morning coffee or smoothie for a little oomph to kick start your day.
- Pop it like it’s hot! Melt in a pan with popping kernels and season to taste to brighten up boring popcorn for good.
- Turn up the heat and stir fry your veggies with a spoonful of coconut oil and a sprinkling of chili.
- Fed up of fries? Add a little coconut oil to your sweet potato wedges and bake in the oven until crispy and delicious.
- Banish butter by spreading coconut oil onto your toast in the morning with a pinch of salt. Blissful breakfast ahoy!
- Work a generous scoop of coconut oil through hair at night. Wash out in the morning to unveil glossy locks that smell good enough to eat (do not eat…).
- Wave goodbye to panda eyes for good! Use a cotton wool pad and some coconut oil to gently remove make up the natural way.
- Stop, drop and spa! Pop a tablespoon of coconut oil into a warm bath for a sweet-smelling soak from the comfort of your own tub.
- Be good to your skin by using coconut oil to nourish and hydrate – let the glowing commence!
- Pamper those pins by swapping shaving foam for coconut oil and dare to bare!
Have you tried using coconut oil as listed above? I’d love to know your thoughts! 🙂
* DISCLAIMER: I did not buy this with my own money, it was given to me as a free sample. All opinions are my own unless stated otherwise.